Date of Birth: 02/11/1905
Place of birth: Kazan
Author: Sergey Kapkov
Galina Kravchenko. The star of silent movies, movie character,,,,.
Galina Kravchenko - one of the legends of the national cinema and one of the first students of the Institute of Cinematography. Her career has grown rapidly in the 20s, in the 30s reached its peak and was interrupted at the beginning of the war. Her heroine differ special beauty, brilliance, character and independence unusual for Soviet charm the viewer.
In the movie, Kravchenko came only in the late 50`s, in the episodes. Played mothers and aging society ladies.
She was the wife of actor Andrew Veit, then - the daughter in law of party activist Lev Kamenev.
Honored Artist of Russia (1980).
She graduated from the Theatre and Ballet School at the Bolshoi Theatre in the class A.A.Gorskogo (1921). In 1921-1922, she was a soloist of the ballet at the Opera S.M.Zimina. In parallel, since 1919, she studied at the SCC, after graduating in 1927, acting department. In 1942-1943 - Actress Russian Drama Theater named after Griboyedov Tbilisi. Then - in the film actor Studio Theatre.
1. Cigarette Girl from Mosselprom - 1924 (comedy) ... actress
2. Banda Batko Knish - 1924 ()
3. Bear Wedding - 1925 (Horror / Mystery)
4. Bulat - Batyr - 1927 () ... Helene von Brandt
5. Doll with millions of - 1928 (comedy)
6. Merry canary - 1929 (Adventure) 7. Great comforter - 1933 (Drama)
8. Stealing view - 1934 (Social drama)
9. Ship Way - 1935 (Adventure)
10. A new attraction - 1957 (Adventure)
11. Alteration - 1959 (Detective)
12. At the beginning of the century - 1961 (History / Biography)
13. The Girl on a Ball - 1966 (Kinopovest)
14. War and Peace - 1967 (Kinopovest)
15. Young - 1971 (Romance)
16. Rebel barricade - 1978 (History / Biography)