Dmitriy Grobov

Picture of Dmitriy Grobov

Date of Birth: 04/01/1984

Age: 32

Place of birth: Maginsk

Citizenship: Russia


Dmitry Mikhailovich Grobov born January 4, 1984 in the village of Maginsk Karaidelsky District of the Republic of Bashkortostan. November 17, 2002 he was drafted into the army, sent to serve in the Navy. After military service Grobov remained to serve submariner on the contract, and after some time became a member of the team Launched in 2006, the nuclear submarine (NPS) "Nerpa" (deathly colleagues later mentioned that they knew it from 2005). It was also reported that before he had for some time served in Kamchatka, but where and when it is not specified. In 2008 Coffins mentioned in the press as the Guard Petty Officer second article.

At the end of October 2008 in Russian waters of the Sea of ??Japan began conducting sea trials submarine "Nerpa". November 8, 2008 triggered fire extinguishing system Loch (boat bulk chemical) to the living compartment of the boat, causing the emission of Freon occurred. His entering the lungs of people who were in the bay, caused the death of 20 people, among them three soldiers and 17 civilians, another 21 people had been hospitalized with chemical poisoning.

November 13, was arrested the driver bilge group Dmitry tomb which was suspected in the fact that he turned on the fire-extinguishing system "Nerpa". During the incident coffins, along with two other crew members stood on the watch. The press also reported that, together with the coffin was arrested another watch - Alexei Vasiliev, however, the Investigative Committee of the Prosecutor General`s Office (ICPO) denied the report and said that all but the coffin, held in a case concerning a submarine accident witnesses . November 24, 2008 in respect of the coffin was a criminal case under part 3 of Article 109 of the Criminal Code (causing death by negligence to two or more persons).

Submariners and experts have expressed doubt that one person could inadvertently or unknowingly run LOH system and named as the most likely cause of the accident malfunction in the electronic control system. Nevertheless, the coffin in November 2008 pleaded guilty and told investigators that he started the fire suppression system "out of personal curiosity." However, the crew of the submarine nobody believed in this version: contractor colleagues found that a confession he gave under pressure.

The official representative of the UPC Vladimir Markin noted sailor Grobov launched extinguishing system "in the" Nerpa "without good reason". However, in the same month, the newspaper "Kommersant", citing sources close to the investigation, reported that the contractor has made unauthorized air temperature sensor calibration, located in the second compartment of the boat, causing the system and launched a freon. This former submariners have suggested that the coffin made by the order of calibration someone from command. In addition, according to the materials of the newspaper, access to the control system at that time was for all who were on board the submarine, because the access code to the control panel has been written in pencil on it.

In early December 2008, representatives of JSC "Amur Shipbuilding Plant" released data from the state commission investigating the causes of the accident at the nuclear submarine "Nerpa". In particular, it was clarified that the fire-fighting system has not worked because of the fact that the tomb made a temperature sensor calibration, and due to the fact that a sailor included howler signal. Head of the press service Marina Radeeva plant indicated that this Coffins "fulfilled all eight required operations, not knowing where it leads." According to her, the sailor "did not have enough knowledge and skills" to understand that after the howler, according to the design system LOH to begin gas supply to the compartments. Radeeva also reported that the coffin itself admitted that included a howler to call the watch from another compartment. She also noted that, according to witnesses, PE, is a contractor gave the command to put a portable breathing apparatus and took an active part in the rescue of victims.

In November 2008 goda suggested that gas which is used in fire extinguishing system of the submarine, freon was not (or at least was not pure freon). In early December, chief engineer of the Amur shipyard Alexander Gelder said that the fire-extinguishing system was pumped a mixture of freon and toxic tetrachlorethylene - instead of a mixture of freon and low-toxic tetra fluorine. Set mixture producer failed, and by February 2009 - According to the management of the plant, it was impossible, as "freon for" Seals "were bought through intermediaries.

In 2009, the coffins passed a psychiatric examination and was found sane.

In January 2010, in the "Nerpa" two new defendants: the commander of the submarine captain first rank Dmitry Lavrentiev and former commander of the Brigade, which was part of the boat, Captain First Rank Sergei Zakharchenko. They were charged under Section 3 of Article 293 of the Criminal Code ( "negligence") - accused officers were attributed to poor training of subordinates. Subsequently, the charges were dropped with Zakharchenko.

It was noted that despite the accusation, the coffin and Lavrentiev continued to serve in the Navy, with the Lavrent`ev - still at the "Nerpa" Coffins also continued service under the contract in Kamchatka under house arrest.

At the end of March 2011 and the case deathly Lavrenteva were sent to court. In April of the same year, a charge against Lavrentiev it was changed: he was charged with abuse of office with serious consequences - the death by negligence of two or more persons (paragraph "c" of Article 286 of the Criminal Code). Sergeant Grobov the result was charged under two articles - part 3 of Article 109 of the Criminal Code ( "causing injury by negligence due to improper execution of their professional duties death two or more persons") and Part 2 of Article 118 of the Criminal Code ( "grievous bodily harm by negligence "). Officer himself did not admit his guilt, and his lawyer pointed out that the true cause of the accident was a "shameless theft of public funds in the construction of nuclear submarines."

In April 2011 it was announced that the cause of the accident the submarine "Nerpa" will address the jury. Sailors of the Pacific Fleet submarine builders and continued to believe in the innocence of the coffin and Lavrentyev and said that those appointed "switchmen". In May 2011, they demanded to send the case back for further investigation.

The hearing of the case in the Pacific Fleet Court in Vladivostok began on May 20, 2011 in closed session. In August 2011, Coffins retracted his confession before the data and stated that a consequence put pressure on him. September 30, 2011, the jury rendered a verdict of acquittal in the case of the coffin and Lavrentiev. In this case the jury did not recognize the fact of supply of extinguishing mixture in the compartments of the boat. October 14 the same year, the court acquitted both defendants.

After more than six months after the acquittal, May 3, 2012, the Military Collegium of the Russian Supreme Court granted the appeal submission of the military prosecutor`s office and the Pacific Fleet and sent the case deathly Lavrenteva for a new trial.

Deathly called to excellent professional and disciplined sailor, reliable friend. Colleagues spoke of him as a kind and sympathetic person, and mentioned that he had the nickname "Holy" - "for justice".

Coffins is married and has a daughter, who at the time of the accident at the "Nerpa" was three months old.